Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Emotional? Me?


So there I was, I’d walked in at 11pm last night from work and on the table a big envelope from Currumbin Primary School stared at me!

Excited I was to see what teachers had Kobi and to see what side of the school she will be in. I opened the letter from both her teachers and all of a sudden my heart started pounding and my chest kind a hurt and I was blinking to hold back tears???

OMG, I was getting sad that my little girl was growing up and going to Big School next year and I felt like I was losing her!

I know I’m not loosing Kobi but it was freaky seeing my emotions just take over like that. I paced the lounge room reading that she was going to be in class PE and on the BIGGER SIDE OF THE SCHOOL. Arrrgggggggggggggg........

There are 4 Prep classes across the road in a nice little quaint area just for them and on the bigger side 2 Prep classes and this is where Kobi will be. Turning up for morning orientation not long ago to experience the whole school vibe took me back to when I started at Maclean Primary School. As I stood in the quadrangle a class of 8 year olds walked pass, no smiling, just staring us all up and down so in my own little head there I was playing a 5 year old looking at the older kids just staring me down, not smiling, walking with attitude, waiting for my mummy to walk out the gate so I could get picked on! I was looking at Kobi when this movie was playing in my head and straight away I could see myself putting Kobi into Self Defence classes, Karate classes, Kung Fu classes, just so she knew how to stick up for herself and stand strong.... Then I came back to reality, gulped and moved on...

The list of items needed comes to $177.80 – most of these I can see getting lost, left at school or the dog will probably eat! Then the uniforms... Of course these are going to be real expensive because NO price list was attached for this one!

I know Kobi will be fine. She has been attending Kangas since she was 8 months old, being surrounded by strangers most of her life. We have no family to help, no family to call on for ½ a day or a full day while we have to work ( no say in this one) and that thing we all have called a ‘Mortgage’. The only choice was this.

But I look at everything as a POSITIVE. In any situation that does not agree with me, I always see the POSITIVE SIDE.

Kobi loves people, very much a people person. Has wonderful manners, is polite and knows how to act around a bunch of strangers. Has learnt to stick up for herself at an early age. Being hit in the face by a stranger baby has made this cherub a little bit stronger in personality.

She will be FINNNNNEEEEEEEE at school I know. I have many wonderful friends who’s’ children have gone through the same thing, not once but even 4 or 5 times! First day at school photos I still have with me of some of my friends or in my mind I remember seeing the photos of their precious cargo all ready for big school. This comforts me.

So bring on 23rd January for I am ready for you!