Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dad - My Angel Experience

Trying to write an experience on FB is not so easy as it must be said in 420 words – So I will put it into my blog in more detail.

I was driving to work yesterday ( Monday June 13th) it was raining and miserable and being a public holiday most people were home with their loved ones or families and I got thinking of my dad. It was exactly just as I drove past the Coolangatta airport. I think of dad now and then and as you do, I get all choked up and a little upset but it only ever last for around 30 seconds and then I smile and move on. Well I got to the hospital, and into work I went.

There was only 3 of us working instead of 13 & more due to the public holiday and its like this on the weekends too. So I was put on wash up out the back as I am not a senior yet and unable to operate the big sterilisation machines. But being out the back on your own has its advantages, I get to put my own music station on – triple J, turn it up and dance and sing away while working. It gets my spirit going!

There was a knock at the door from someone out in the corridor, and it opened. A ladies head poked in and said in an accent... “Do you have any Scourers?” I couldn’t quite hear her so I moved closer and she repeated herself... “Of course I do, here have a hand full”. She then proceeded to speak to me about her work and straight away I knew she was Polish, it was like listening to my Grandma, Nanny Choo dads mum, and listening to dad all over again. Oh boy I was tearing up slightly listening to her but I took a deep breath and I smiled so BIG my cheeks were hurting.

I asked her “You are Polish?” she said yes. I told her my dad was from Bielsko Biala http://www.bielsko.biala.pl/eng

but died 5 years ago at 80. She told me she was from this town and then we talked for ages about how I travelled and stayed in Bielkso Biala and had a fantastic experience. She knew straight away and asked “How did you cope with no one speaking English?” I told her I would go to the Hotel President http://www.hotelprezydent.pl/ to speak to the one lady at the desk who spoke English. Everything during the day was by sign language and pointing.

She starting talking about cooking and the food dad use to make or eat like Bigos, Pierogi, Kapusniak, Klopsik, Kluski, Ogorki kiszone. This blew me away! I was in heaven and as you know me, I started talking hundred miles an hour.

She then told me of a little place in Bay street, tweed that sells some ingredients to this food and as a lot of the polish salamis too! And its on my way to work? I will be going there defiantly.

I didn’t want her to go and just listening to her voice gave me a great comfort.  But I must soldier on in life and I just thank my Angels and Dad for coming and saying HI! It’s so great to know he is around me and this is only one of 4 experiences I have had since dad died.

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment