Saturday, June 4, 2011

Norway, Finland, Amsterdam, Denmark

Scandinavia well what can I say..

It is one of the most unique untouched parts of the planet I have ever seen. It is magical, mystical and made me feel so so close to Mother Nature and the universe. If you have read my earlier blog on My Journey from Sprit it explains how I came to travel this country. It was 1998, I was 28 years of age, I travelled from London to Amsterdam to Germany to Norway up the top to ........ across to Finland into Santa Clause Land back down to.... across on the ferry.... to Estonia back to ... and then I flew back to London.

The people and friends I meet along the way will always be with me. As most of you may know I ALWAYS have my video camera or camera glued to my eye, so on this trip, I happened to capture all on DVD.

WOW! I cannot wait to show Kobi my trip. She understands that her mummy has been to Santa Clause land and I have seen Santa and the reindeers who live at ......... and now at her age of 4 she is wanting me to take her to Santa Clause Land now. I’ve told her ‘One day sweetie, I’ll take you’...
I have a ..... calendar on my wall at home and I’ve shown Kobi the months and we point out December and tell her this is when Santa comes down under to visit so we have to wait all the months in-between until he comes.

The trip went something like this: On the bus at 6am travel the countryside stop around 12pm for lunch – Trev the cook would get his set up from under the bus and set it up for lunch, put it away, on the bus until we got to the next town, get out and look around for a couple of hours, back on the bus 3pm, travel to our destination to stay the night. Unpack, set up tents or like myself and others who preferred to stay in cabins (it’s very cold up there) make ourselves at home. Trev set up the cook’s tent and always made the BEST food ever for us all! When we were finished we were in teams of 3 or 4 and helped to wash up and ‘Air Dry’ all the plates.

Play a few games, have a drink and in for the night. Start all over the next day.




I hope one day Kobi gets to travel the world like I did. If it wasn’t for my dad telling me stories most of my younger life about the travels he did when he lived in Poland, I would not have known what laid out there in the big wide world.